Global Learning for Sustainability
GLS is a girls’ and young women , youth-led Organization founded in 2015 to respond to the growing number of youth whose inability to develop life skills is the major cause of challenges they face. At the height of poor life skills youth cannot address their challenges, some, beyond their control-and yet others are directly under their control. GLS is registered with Uganda N.G.O service bureau as a local N.G.O with a charity status .
Diversity & Inclusion strategies
To support and ensure that young women and girls have opportunities to acquire global skills, learn from one another, and work together to solve common global challenges
A generation skilled to lead individual, community and global change
Our Core Values
principles of central importance to our organization
Global Learning for Sustainability(GLS) Uganda seeks new ways to achieve our objectives to generate extraordinary results by creatively finding solutions to growth and development.
GLS seeks to provide relevant and timely youth services that reflect our commitment to empower our clients to be global citizens.
A principle that leads to achievement of organizational goals and objectives both short and long term. A such GLS enjoys working as a team through strategic partnerships and volunteerism in all our activities.
Equality & Equity:
As a women-led organisation, we promote and advocate for gender responsive programmes that ensure that all people have the right to be treated in a non-discriminatory and non-judgemental manner.
- To engage young people in addressing global challenges that impend socio-economic development.
- To equip the young generation with life skills for positive behavioral change in the eradication and prevention of HIV and AIDS, and other related health challenges.
- To contribute towards achievement of SDGs for survival, capacity development and quality life of all young people especially women and girls in various communities.
- To promote global understanding and citizenship and bridge the gap of global skills among youth in schools through modern technology.
- To advocate for positive educational and social outcomes of all youth in institutions of learning by mentoring them to be first class world citizens and professionals.